What is e-business? | E-business is the use of information and communication technologies (ICT) to support business activities. It allows companies to connect business processes and greatly simplify relations with customers and suppliers.
What is E-Business?
E-commerce is a sub-set of e-business which uses the internet as a medium for transactions – the purchase, transfer or exchange of goods, services and/or information over the internet. An example of e-commerce is a web shop, which cannot operate without the internet.
E-business is wider and can include communications, promoting your business, getting business information, buying and selling online, online banking and dealing with the government n(such as online tax payment).(What is e-business)
E-business is much more than just having a website or portal. The point of e-business is to enhance the competitiveness of a company, extend its market and increase the number of customers. E-business is not just about technology – it combines technology, processes, organisation and a new way of thinking.(What is e-business)
Examples of e-business include:
- Improving internal communications through your company’s website.
- Using low-cost models for business marketing such as social networks and Google marketing tools.
- Searching online portals for business information.
- Using already established online shops like
- Tracking shipments of goods.
- Online recruitment of staff.
- Online market research.
You may also like:
- How to Build a successful business
- 10 Steps To Growing Your Business Through Your People
- How Corporate Income Taxes Work?
Why should I care about e-business?
- Enhance services and access to customers beyond your local market.
- Help you market your business cost-effectively.
- Help you organise your business processes more efficiently.
- Give you fast access to a network of businesses.
- Allow you to compare products and prices to find the best offers.
- Allow your business to keep pace with or overtake your competitors.
- Lower the costs of business transactions.
- Enhance your visibility and accessibility for your customers and suppliers.
- Allow you to communicate or conduct transactions when out of the office.
- Make easier your communications with partners such as suppliers, banks and government.
- Make it easier to order supplies.
What are the advantages of e-business?
- The advantages of e-business over non-electronic business models include:
- New business models which increase income,
- Flexibility and efficiency: the ability to handle complex information, product ranges and customer profiles.
- Extended hours: 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.
- Updated company materials
- Reduced costs and time: less labour, paper, data entry, lead times and deliveries.
- Improved customer relations and sales using marketing techniques on the internet.
- Improved cooperation with business partners.
- Easier business research, analysis and forecasting.
- Two-way communication with customers.
- New markets at home and internationally.
- Reduced communications costs by using VoIP (Voice over Internet Protocol) technology such as Skype