What is e-business ? By Technical Study
E-business is the use of information and communication technologies (ICT) to support business activities. It allows companies to connect business processes and greatly simplify relations with customers and suppliers.(What is e-business)
E-commerce is a sub-set of e-business which uses the internet as a medium for transactions – the purchase, transfer or exchange of goods, services and/or information over the internet. An example of e-commerce is a web shop, which cannot operate without the internet.
E-business is wider and can include communications, promoting your business, getting business information, buying and selling online, online banking and dealing with the government n(such as online tax payment).(What is e-business)
E-business is much more than just having a website or portal. The point of e-business is to enhance the competitiveness of a company, extend its market and increase the number of customers. E-business is not just about technology – it combines technology, processes, organisation and a new way of thinking.(What is e-business)
Examples of e-business include:
- Improving internal communications through your company’s website.
- Using low-cost models for business marketing such as social networks and Google marketing tools.
- Searching online portals for business information.
- Using already established online shops like
- Tracking shipments of goods.
- Online recruitment of staff.
- Online market research.
Why should I care about e-business?
- Enhance services and access to customers beyond your local market.
- Help you market your business cost-effectively.
- Help you organise your business processes more efficiently.
- Give you fast access to a network of businesses.
- Allow you to compare products and prices to find the best offers.
- Allow your business to keep pace with or overtake your competitors.
- Lower the costs of business transactions.
- Enhance your visibility and accessibility for your customers and suppliers.
- Allow you to communicate or conduct transactions when out of the office.
- Make easier your communications with partners such as suppliers, banks and government.
- Make it easier to order supplies.
What are the advantages of e-business?
- The advantages of e-business over non-electronic business models include:
- New business models which increase income,
- Flexibility and efficiency: the ability to handle complex information, product ranges and customer profiles.
- Extended hours: 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.
- Updated company materials
- Reduced costs and time: less labour, paper, data entry, lead times and deliveries.
- Improved customer relations and sales using marketing techniques on the internet.
- Improved cooperation with business partners.
- Easier business research, analysis and forecasting.
- Two-way communication with customers.
- New markets at home and internationally.
- Reduced communications costs by using VoIP (Voice over Internet Protocol) technology such as Skype